Founder Gil Boyne, 1924-2010
Gil Boyne was Founder and Executive Director of the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners. He passed away in May 2010. Here is his obituary.
Since 1974, Gil Boyne gained an international reputation for his highly effective “Hypnotherapy As A Career” training programs. Students and counseling professionals from all 50 states and 11 foreign countries have come to Glendale, California to study with Gil Boyne. In addition, Boyne regularly trains mental health professionals in seminars in London, England, Sydney, Australia, Auckland, New Zealand, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. More than 5,500 graduates in the USA and an equal number abroad have created an international reputation for Gil Boyne’s work, Transforming Therapy.
Boyne has received international media coverage for his work with superstars of the entertainment world such as Sylvester Stallone, Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton and others. His motivational programs enjoy wide acceptance with numerous world-class athletes and Olympic contenders.
Director, Hypnotism Training Institute of Los Angeles
Founder and CEO, Westwood Publishing Company
Founder and Director, Hypnotherapy Counseling Center
Co-Founder, British Council of Hypnotist Examiners
Executive Director, American Council of Hypnotist Examiners
Awards and Honors
- 1981: Doctor of Humane Letters – honorary degree awarded by Newport University, Newport Beach, Calif., for his lifetime achievement in Mind Sciences.
- 1982: Doctor of Humane Letters honorary degree awarded by the University for Humanistic Studies in San Diego, Calif., for his exceptional contributions to the Humanistic Sciences.
- 1990: “Lifetime Achievement Award” awarded by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners.
- 1992: Doctor of Philosophy, in Transpersonal Psychology honorary degree awarded by Westbrook University, New Mexico.
- 1992: “American Eagle Leadership Award” given in recognition of Thirty-Five Years of Exceptional Leadership to the Profession of Hypnotherapy awarded by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners.
- 1996: Named as One of Glendale’s 100 Most Influential Citizens (Glendale News Press, Feb. 28) Honoring individuals who had the ability and the courage to effect change in education, religion, charity, sports, law enforcement, and politics.
- 1997: Honorary Life Member awarded by the New Zealand Hypnotherapists Association.
- 1997: Fellowship award for distinguished service awarded by the Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science.
- 1998: Post Graduate Diploma of Psychotherapy awarded by the Australian College of Clinical Hypnotherapy
The International Hypnosis Hall of Fame presents The Millennium Award – “Man of the Century” to Gil Boyne On April 8, 2000 at Valley Forge, PA, A.C.H.E. President and founder Gil Boyne received an award for “Man of the Century” from the International Hypnotists Hall of Fame.
In the course of 50 years Mr. Boyne had transformed the lives of literally hundreds of thousands of people with his wise counsel. This award symbolizes global recognition for his innovative genius in the field of hypnotherapy.
For more information, visit Gil Boyne’s website at Gil-Boyne.com.