Shame: The Universal Emotion, Joan Courtney
Workshop • Cost $35*
Sunday, March 24, 2019
2:00 – 5:00 pm
Shame is intertwined with our client’s lives in many subtle ways. It can stop positive progress in its tracks. It can morph into addiction, trauma, depression, bullying, eating disorders and even more. Shame can color perspectives with avoidance and warp lifestyles with rage and sadness, ruining both dreams and lives.
This workshop is interactive, practical and hands on. While there is no cut-and-dried process to address this emotion, by the end of the session you will be armed with many skills to handle this elusive, degrading emotion.
• How to identify shame and know its roots
• Know the difference between shame and guilt
• Why it’s important for you to do your own work around shame and what you can do about it
• Four ways to stop the downward spiral of shame
• How to replace shame with engaging self-compassion
Having over 30 years of experience, Joan Courtney, C.Ht. NLP practitioner Unstuck Living Pro! specializes in PTSD and trauma. While there is no set process to eliminate this feeling, Joan has developed processes to live unstuck, stopping the shame spiral. http://unstuck-living.com
*with Sunday or 3-day registration